unexpected blessings

Couple weeks ago, I went to my husband's work barbeque. I went with the expectation that I generally have- meet a few new people, chit chat about our families and the squadron, the weather, etc. then go home.

This time was different though. I did not expect to discover new people right here in our work circle that have the same heartbeat as my hubby and I in a couple areas. What a blessing! What an unexpected treasure to find when I wasn't even looking. The fact is, there are people everywhere we move that are likeminded. The discovery is incredibly encouraging and a reminder that yes, you can open up your heart and find others are willing to as well. 

It reminded me to not let first impressions fool. Sometimes people are a lot deeper than I expect. Sometimes they've done hard things and come through stronger. 

God is good. He knows how to connect his people. He likes to show that he's got an army out there. (1 Kings 19:18, 2 Kings 6:15-17, Hebrews 12:1) That verse in Hebrews though, it isn't just about seeing it and being glad for it; it's the exhortation to lay aside every personal weight and sin that slows and even halts our progress.

I am thankful that by the grace of God, I have the power to let the Son reflect his grace and beauty in and through me. Those wild summer sunflowers all over the sides of the road and fields these days- they are good examples, facing only the sun, attracting all the beneficial bees, radiating joy and beauty as they arch forward and higher. 

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." Colossians 3:16-17

Comments

  1. I so enjoy your writing! You are a blessing and you certainly do reflect His grace and beauty through you!♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts