Just praise Him

Thankful that regardless of what is going on, what's pulling at my emotions, what's aiming to dislodge my confidence in whatever good thing, God's Word redirects my thoughts to what I need to focus on. 

"Praise ye the Lord. Praise, O ye servants of the Lord, praise the name of the Lord." Psalm 113

Why all the fuss over praising him? Because "Who is like unto the Lord our God, who dwelleth on high, who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth!" We don't even know how much we need him to see us, to think of us.  

"From the rising of the sun (that he made) unto the going of down of the same the Lord's name is to be praised." His name is TO BE praised - by me. The sun has risen today and I'm breathing the air he put here on this earth he made. Whether I'm at home or hustling around town, this is the day I've been given to remember to do one thing: praise my Lord. Blame it on the curse of sin, annoying circumstances, whatever, I know I easily get distracted. 

Do you know the Lord and his name? Here are a few: 

The Great I AM, Alpha & Omega, Jehovah, Everlasting God, Prince of Peace, Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Redeemer, Savior, Shepherd, Creator, Yahweh, Adonai, El-Shaddai, Righteous Judge, Almighty, Master 

Hope this is an encouragement to you! See you next week. 

Comments

  1. This is Shari - I have been rejoicing all morning and your post fits right in. I posted the following on FB a couple of days ago: When was the last time you were so excited about being a Christian and the return of Christ that you squealed with excitement and joy? Last Monday at Bible study for me. One of my favorite Names for our Lord is Emmanuel - God with us! Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee; because he trusteth in Thee. Jer. 26:3. Praying for your dear family. Will never get over missing you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts