letter in the mail

I got a letter in the mail from a relative today. It was an excellent reminder that God is always at work, doing the extraordinary when I think nothing special is happening. 

A couple months ago I'd been prompted by the Spirit of God to do something I didn't really care to do. I went ahead and said okay, I will, just please go before me and prepare the way. Doing the right thing does not always produce peace that passes understanding. It does not always produce good relationships as hoped. Yet obedience is still required. 

So I made the arrangements last month to stop by for a visit with this particular relative. I was thankful it wasn't as bad as expected. I was thankful for some good memories made, then for the ease of putting it all behind me. Check the box of what God wanted me to do then move on. The End. 

But then this letter arrived today and I thought, wow, my visit made a huge impact. The words on the page spoke of this and in a larger sense, the choices I've made over the course of my life have been noticed, seen, appreciated. The words, "I am proud of you" were spelled out just for me. 

Thank you, Father, for this early Thanksgiving blessing. Thank you, Father, for this reminder that You are always at work, going before to prepare the way, to keep hearts tender. This life I live is my one chance I have to reflect You. May it not be in vain. 

Comments

Popular Posts