then & now

As an American who grew up outside America, I'm grateful my parents valued the traditional Thanksgiving holiday. Why wouldn't they? I think now. Why wouldn't anyone decent and free? A day set aside for a feast, to give thanks for all the blessings, even the smallest of them, is a good thing. 

I'm learning more and more how to answer the question, "Where are you from?" and to divulge in my own history. I'm thankful my roots began in Texas and Tennessee, but I have to be honest and say that's not it. I grew up far removed from those two great states. It was my parent's decision, of course. I was transplanted at a very young age- became a third culture kid long before I knew what that meant. 

Thank you, God, for the years spent near and far, collectively leading to this year, this season of my life. Thank you, God, for added blessings and for hard losses- the ones I never wanted to experience up close. Help me keep that childlike faith in you, my omniscient, omnipresent Father. You write good scripts. 

"O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days." Psalm 90:14  


Comments

Popular Posts