settling down with what is

Are you ever really able to say that life has settled? The term "settled down" is common, but how accurate is it really? 

New seasons cycle through, showing up in full display as often as kid's birthday parties. We settle in the change, in the silences as well as the noisy disruptions. It seems easier for some than others. 

I have found myself settled in what I know to be a small pocket of time within a larger pocket of time. My hubby sat beside me on the sofa a few moments ago and said he was ready to go home now. He had received messages from his people he's leading from a distance (86 miles to be exact), and just longed to be there in memorable times with them. I'm glad he's not torn up about it- just voicing his heart. 

Sometimes in these temporary phases we get that restless itch to be elsewhere, to be more than what we are or living in what is. Sometimes it makes all the difference to rub shoulders with good friends; people who are life-giving and pour in to you (and vice versa). God keeps blessing us with those type of friends. They help the heart in the "settling down" or the "Keep Calm and Carry On" that's needed. 

In your own moving, in your constant shuffling, in your efforts to settle and be done with that list of To-Do's drawn up in your head, is there anything keeping you from feeling settled? Maybe life is too overwhelmingly slow or unchanging in a productive or satisfying way. Bring it from the exterior back to the interior of who you are, the purposes for which God made you and how he views you. I could list a whole bunch of great verses, but I'd rather leave you with a longing to go dig through Scripture for yourself.  

I've got three weeks from today before we are scheduled to go home, and as much as we may look forward to being done here, we will never get this time back. It is special and it can be quality time if I make it such. 

Let's cheer one another on, shall we? 

Comments

  1. Life truly is a journey. All I can say is, I do not know how people make it through without the Lord. The highs and lows! You and Brian can count on prayers being lifted up from us.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply praying for your journey and at the same time letting your words speak to mine….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you guys daily. Miss you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts