Pristine

Pristine

How often do you hear that word? I know I don't hear it often. I may think of it when I gaze at a clear mountain lake especially when the sun glitters off the surface. Pristine is a beautiful adjective, but I don't even use it much in my writing. Just to be clear, here is the definition: 

1. having its original purity; uncorrupted or unsullied

Wouldn't it be nice to maybe just once hear that lovely word spoken about your health, your spiritual life, work ethic, parenting, marriage, home, anything you put your heart and soul into day after day? I know it would sound amazing and surprising for me. My husband and I visited with the oncologist earlier this week and heard her describe his scans in such a manner. She said she'd looked over slide by slide with the radiologist and concluded they all looked "pristine." 

How does it get that good? How does anything get that good? Pure, uncorrupted, unsullied, when at first it is quite the opposite. As a Bible-Believer, I know I was born in sin, utterly unable in my own efforts to make my heart free and clean from the stains of sin. And it's funny because I was one of those babies birthed into a Christian home, my parents studying and preparing to serve the Lord full time. They named me "Faith" of all names! My middle name was chosen in honor of a missionary they both respected. 

But God. It always comes back to him. It's Jesus's sinless, resurrected life, goodness, mercy, favor, and righteousness that transforms and completely cleanses everyone who comes to him in repentance, believing by faith. Even when Christians struggle or fail, God the Father sees his Son's original purity covering us, the Holy Spirit having taken up residence, sealing us until we meet him face to face. 

"Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood. And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." Rev. 1:5-6

It really does get that good with Jesus! 



Comments

Popular Posts