hold out

I've looked at the cover of my book dozens of times but only just noticed the words on my sister's shirt. It says, "Hooray! Hold Out" 

Although I have no idea what "Hold Out" is supposed to mean (hold out your hand? hold out your cash? hold out your heart? or hold on to this moment, as in don't quit?), horray/hurray is the perfect word for cheering and celebrating. How appropriate that even her personality has always matched those words when it comes to her attitude toward life and her big sister. She is one of my biggest fans. And who would have thought that tank top our mother probably grabbed randomly from a drawer to throw over her head that morning in 1982 would be a nice supporting image of my book in 2024? 

Small coincidences. Fun insights. 

What tiny nuggets can you pull from scenes in your life? What might you have been missing from ordinary moments? 

Today I had to will my thoughts away from a negative mindset and toward deliberately thinking positive thoughts of thanksgiving. It was in the mundane hours of homeschooling that I caught myself needing to halt and redirect my attitude. And I found that there was plenty to praise the Lord for in that unpleasant scene of my life. I didn't want to deal with the issues at hand. I was stuck but able to get myself unstuck by simply choosing to set a list of other, better things in the forefront, versus what was flaring up around me. To put into practice some of the things I want my kids to learn is good for me. Practice what I preach. 

So hold out till the end, dear mother! All is not in vain. It may at times feel like drudgery and thankless work, but if it's done with hands of surrender and obedience, in due time you will reap what you sow. Lining up those kiddos who may or may not want to pose for that shot may end up being the scene one of them chooses to use for their future book or brand. What a thought!

 

Comments

  1. Love you and so so proud of you sweet sister! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts