Who, me?

I got a little teary-eyed on Wednesday afternoon, driving in my car to pick up one of my kids. I had just received my fourth proof in the mail, and it was perfect ... at last. My first proof copy arrived at the very beginning of February. All through the month it was back and forth with the team I'd hired to get the resolution and clarity of the cover image fit for the market. They were doing their part well, but digital files don't always show what you can see looking at a book in hand with your own two God-given eyes.

The relief set in, and I could have cried happy tears were it not for the difficulty driving with watery vision. I tried that once and my passenger made me pull over so he could drive for me! (thanks, Dad)

And so it begins. This title. "I'm an Author." 

Who, me? 

Well, as of March 9th, officially. Be on the lookout for Unraveled: A Memoir by Faith Dea

Amazon.com 

It's funny how the present once seemed far off in the future. I had seriously considered going forward with publishing last summer, thinking the book was good to go. THANK GOD he kept me from doing so. The Lord is really good at giving wisdom and guidance, you know? He uses circumstances, thoughtful impressions on the heart and mind, definitely his Word, and whatever else he chooses. How many times have I missed hearing from him, foolishly going down a path I need not go? I can only wonder. 

So I breathe a sigh of relief. I've learned a ton that only recently felt far too weighty and overwhelming. Step by step, day by day, and something of value is created. I pray this story of mine helps others move in the direction God has for them. He's writing a message in each and every life that can be shared in many ways and via many avenues, if we but ask, seek, and respond to the opportunities before us.   

Comments

Popular Posts