where I want to be


At the start of this past week, I wondered how things would turn out concerning our next place of residence. I had some phone calls to make. My hubby and I had some praying to do. By the end of the week, it had all fallen into place. I now get to sit back with gratitude and reflect on how the Lord worked it out. 

Do you have something you're still in the middle of figuring out? Are you wondering what the conclusion will look like? It may not be gigantic or life-altering. Isn't it crazy how there is a constant cycle or rotation of pressing issues we have to attend to or resolve? I guess that is what many jokingly refer to as "adulting." You've seen the t-shirts or memes. 

In about twelve weeks, my family and I will be headed east - 1,671 miles away. It's a 23-hour road trip, but hey, that's nothing new. The drive, the move, the relocating to a new community do not intimidate me. If you've read any amount of my book, Unraveled, you know this is how I roll; this is a part of the fabric of life for me and I welcome the change in scenery. 

Maybe you're the opposite and you don't ever want your surroundings to change. No matter what, the Lord goes before us and I love asking him to do so. "Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me." (Psa. 139:5) The idea of our Father hedging, hemming, and enclosing us behind and in front feels good. It doesn't always feel that way in the thick of it. Stressing over decisions, the unknown future, and potential outcomes; the inability to identify the main problems and solutions can surely feel like we are hedged in, unable to move and operate freely. But we belong to Christ, the omniscient, omnipresent God! He was in our yesterdays and is already in our tomorrows. 

Trusting, asking for wisdom, praying, anticipating the involvement of a sovereign God is exactly where I want to be. It's too much of a headache to be anywhere else.  

Comments

Popular Posts