new things


Starting and/or doing new things can be hard. Has that ever been your experience? 

Moving across the country isn't hard for me. Starting a new homeschool program in a new place can be though. In the last two years, I have listened to myself gripe internally or to others over aspects of chosen curriculums. In my mind, I know the unfamiliar will become familiar, and grace must be given as I work through the weeds. We'll get down to the fertile soil where learning and growing take place. The beginning is the tough part. 

Last night after everyone had settled down to chill for the night, school and routine schedules gladly retired for the weekend, I decided to attempt something new. Instead of snuggling down to do the easy thing: watch a movie, I thought, now's my chance! It's now or never. And, it won't be that hard. 

If you don't know, I have a Facebook author page. It's simply my first and last name. Feel free to join if you haven't yet. I went live last night to read my book aloud. I determined to just be real, just relax, and enjoy the newness in an attempt to offer something back. Recording an audio version of Unraveled has always been of interest to me. I haven't been able to make any progress with accomplishing that, but I know that there is this one free option via Facebook. So I did it! I read the prologue and chapter one, setting the date and time for next week for all to see this is going to be a thing. Each video will stay up for a month, and then FB deletes it. There is one hilarious moment where our new kitty decided to bud in. Apparently, walking past on the couch behind a person isn't enough attention. You'll have to check it out on my FB page, even if you're not a cat person. It'll bring a smile to your face. 

There are other firsts I did this week. I guess that comes with new territory. I lay in bed late last night, praising the Lord for putting ideas in my head and being able to move forward with them. He does that, you know. Feeling good and satisfied with tackling and getting new things done is one thing. Remembering that I did nothing of my own power or ingenuity is another.

"We have heard with our ears, O God, our fathers have told us, what work thou didst in their days, in the times of old... For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favor unto them. Thou art my King, O God... I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me. But thou hast saved us" Psalm 44



Comments

Popular Posts